Category Archive: Educational
Have you been trying to find information on structural steel shapes and dimension by product?
Click Here to navigate to our mobile friendly catalog for more information. There you can find dimensions and weights for all of the structural steel categories we supply and more. Additionally you can create a list of items and Request a quotation, all from your mobile device. We offer one of the largest inventories in the country. Availability and diversification is what makes us a great choice for anything structural steel. By partnering with us, our inventory becomes your inventory. Our geographically spread out locations allow us to service most locations throughout the country.
In addition to satisfying your inventory needs we also offer many first-stage processing opportunities. You may consider us an extension of your shop by utilizing us to process your material prior to delivery and fabrication.
Smartphone users can save our catalog as a shortcut on your mobile device for quick and easy reference and treat it like an app!
Below are the steps
to add our catalog to the home screen of your smartphone for quick access. Note that adding this to your home screen will only create a shortcut and does not download any apps.
Structural steel is bulky, heavy, and difficult to transport. Rather than paying exorbitant transportation costs to move it from a centralized facility, a strategically located regional service center mitigates long-term shipping costs and provide structural steel solutions faster and more efficiently. Beyond simple cost reduction, however, a service center acts a resource for builders in the region.
At Infra-Metals Co., we operate service centers in New England, the Mid-Atlantic, Mid-West, South-West and Florida to provide customers with regionalized market trend information, sales, and service. This helps our clients to control project costs and make informed decisions.
Our Service Centers
As one of the largest structural steel service center networks in the United States, Infra-Metals offers a wide variety of carbon structural steel products. Our product catalog includes:
- Structural beams and tubing
- Channel and miscellaneous
- Plate and sheet products
- Expanded metal
As a full-scale service center, we also provide the following processing capabilities:
- Blast and prime
- Plate burning and Forming
- Saw cutting
Using a service center offers an expansive range of benefits, including:
- Specific order volumes. Purchasing direct from a steel mill typically requires buying in pre-set bulk amounts rather than ordering exactly what is needed. This can significantly drive up the cost of a project and result in leftover structural steel materials after completion.
- Our service centers monitor local trends and regional producers, so we know exactly what is available at any given time. We also stock popular items to ensure they are available when needed, not to mention the often hard to find sizes.
- One-stop shopping. A service center acts as a centralized source for all structural steel needs, simplifying vendor management by eliminating the need to identify and maintain relationships with multiple steel producers.
- Our service centers only work with reliable and reputable suppliers, ensuring that builders, contractors, and fabricators get only the best quality products.
- Short lead times. Orders from a service center are not as dependent on mill production schedules, which means deliveries arrive more quickly. This enables projects to stay on schedule.
- Simplified logistics. The service center handles all logistics and delivery arrangements, simplifying expedited orders, Just-in-Time delivery, and other logistical challenges.
- Cost transparency. The service center prices are based on what they paid the mill for the inventory, so all costs are fixed up front rather than being faced on future production variables.
- Lower storage costs. By purchasing product in exact quantities for delivery in sequence or as needed, buyers don’t need to secure extra storage space for structural steel materials.
- Reduced scrap. When the service center cuts pieces to prescribed sizes and lengths, the end customer has significantly less responsibility in terms of scrap and waste disposal.
Convenient Structural Steel Procurement With Infra-Metals
At Infra-Metals, we have been in business for more than 30 years and we employ some of the most experienced sales staff in the industry. We offer an expansive and diverse inventory of shapes and sizes, and we can handle all pre-processing to minimize the work fabricators need to do on their own site. We sell the solutions you need in exact quantities, removing the need for extra storage space or bulk purchases. As regional suppliers, we can easily support Just-in-Time methodologies and other Lean inventory strategies.
To see how our structural steel service centers can support your operation, please contact us today.
Congratulations to our Virginia Division for 365 days of accident free operation!
Infra-Metals takes seriously our responsibilities to our employees, our customers, our suppliers, and our communities. In that spirit, we have taken a number of steps to minimize the risk and prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We have implemented proactive measures identified by the CDC to protect our employees from contracting or spreading the virus. We are limiting business travel by our employees and also limiting and screening visitors to our facilities. Further, we are leveraging remote work capabilities, encouraging the use of virtual meetings, and promoting social distancing within our facilities.
In addition, our team has been evaluating our disaster recovery and business continuity plans to address gaps the COVID-19 situation may introduce and actively engaging in infectious disease outbreak response contingency planning. While we are working on plans to have coverage available, and have remote access capabilities to our business systems, this is a dynamic situation that we continue to monitor. As a member of the Reliance Family of Companies, we have access to inventory, processing capabilities and many other affiliated resources to maintain service of your account if for any reason we incur a disruption in our business due to Coronavirus.
We place great value on our relationships and will continue our best efforts to support and protect our employees and our valued customers and suppliers as we work through these uncertain times together.
Per the Department of Homeland Security, we fall under the Essential Critical Infrastructure workforce and we intend to continue to serve our communities and customers. More information on Critical Infrastructure Sectors can be found here: https://www.cisa.gov/identifying-critical-infrastructure-during-covid-19
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is one of the most popular green building certification programs used worldwide. Developed by the non-profit U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) it includes a set of rating systems for the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of green buildings, homes, and neighborhoods that aims to help building owners and operators be environmentally responsible and use resources efficiently.
Development of LEED began in 1993, spearheaded by Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) senior scientist Robert K. Watson. As founding chairman of the LEED Steering Committee, Watson led a broad-based consensus process until 2007, bringing together non-profit organizations, government agencies, architects, engineers, developers, builders, product manufacturers and other industry leaders. The LEED initiative was supported by a strong USGBC Board of Directors, chaired by Steven Winter from 1999 to 2003, and very active staff, including Nigel Howard. At that time, USGBC’s Senior Vice President of LEED, Scot Horst, became chair of the LEED Steering Committee before joining USGBC staff. Early LEED committee members also included USGBC co-founder Mike Italiano, architects Bill Reed and Sandy Mendler, builder Gerard Heiber and Myron Kibbe and engineer Richard Bourne. As interest in LEED grew, in 1996, engineers Tom Paladino and Lynn Barker co-chaired the newly formed LEED technical committee.
Interested in LEED? Do you want to learn more about recycled content and the sustainability of the Steel Industry? Infra-Metals Atlanta, GA will be hosting an AISC presentation by John Cross on July 12th, 2017. We invite you to join us for this very special event to tour our facility, learn more about our industry and LEED and enjoy a complementary lunch. Did we mention this event is also worth 1 CEU credit? Contact us today to reserve your seat as space is limited.
Interested in LEED? Do you want to learn more about recycled content and the sustainability of the Steel Industry? Infra-Metals Tampa, FL will be hosting an AISC presentation by John Cross on June 14th, 2016. We invite you to join us for this very special event to tour our facility, learn more about our industry and LEED and enjoy a complementary lunch followed by Top Golf. Did we mention this event is also worth 1 CEU credit? Contact us today to reserve your seat as space is limited.
Infra-Metals Co. New Boston, OH facility is featured in the June 2015 edition of Modern Steel Construction. Branch Manager Oak Williams remarks on the many advantages the steel service center offers to the industry as well as the geographical benefits and capabilities of the Ohio facility.
Click the link for the full article: Modern Steel Construction – June 2015
We are just days away from releasing our new customer portal!
We are more than excited to release our completely redesigned customer portal! Our development team has been working hard to implement the requests made by our customers and we are very proud to deliver them in the new site. Rest assured all of the features found in the old portal are there however we have several new ones. Below are some of the features you can expect to see in the new version.
- Updated User Interface and Search Capabilities including mobile friendly responsive design.
- Ability to download all MTRs for a project in one click.
- Enhanced LEED reporting capabilities and documentation.
- Updated Open Order dashboard
- More data points to give you up-to-date order information
On Monday, September 9th, 2019, Infra-Metals will be launching the new customer portal. If you are an existing user you will be receiving an email with your new account information. Simply follow the link to complete your registration. Looking to get access to site? No problem. Reach out to your Sales Representative to gain access in minutes.
We hope you enjoy the experience our customer portal offers!